Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Have any collectors here?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Quote Originally Posted by LPDfanincarolina View Post
    For 30 some years now I have been collecting mustangs. Not the horse, but rather the car. During that time I have only sold one of them but I keep buying them.
    I should have sold you mine a few months ago then.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Since I basically make my living buying and reselling antiques and collectibles I do end up keeping many things that I find interesting. There is nothing in particular that I collect, but I do have a house full of antiques and odd things that I have found at yardsales, fleamarkets, auctions, and so forth and always for a fraction of their real value.

    I have all of John Fox Jr.'s books, 13 in total, 12 of those in first edition. I have a huge collection of turn of the century wrestling books, about 30 of them. These books are hard to find and many of them list from several hundred dollars each.

    I have some mining artifacts, an old turtle shell (leather) helmet with light and spare carbide container and also a round four piece lunch pail with the original "Leyse" sticker still on it (new old stock). One of my favorite "odd" things is a 1950's Japanese made mini spy camera, still has the original film in it.

    I have a nice collection of cookie jars including the Brush Pottery Treasue Chest that books for 400+ (I got it at a local fleamarket for 35). I have a lot of books on local history, mining history, and union history. I also have a number of "smalls", like old wooden nickels that were used to give customer discounts at local businesses.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    I've got a huge Cal Ripken Jr collection, even an action figure.

    I still have EVERY single video game system I've ever owned. Yes, all the way back to a fully functional Nintendo gaming system, original games. Even the short lives Sega Dreamcast.

    I also have Star Wars figures/ships from their era.

    However, my most prized collection are my tattoos. It's extensive, and they're mine forever.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    I used to collect comic books back in the day...Silver Surfer, Spider Man, Superman, and on. It got to be like a drug for me till I was spending upwards of $150 a month, buying multiple copies of the same issue. Just sold my collection recently.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikMo View Post
    I used to collect comic books back in the day...Silver Surfer, Spider Man, Superman, and on. It got to be like a drug for me till I was spending upwards of $150 a month, buying multiple copies of the same issue. Just sold my collection recently.


    You need to go see that guy in the WM shopping center over there. Stopped in there a few weeks back just to look around. Has alot of stuff in there and off the wall stuff like a 15" Cheech doll from Up In Smoke. I can see him being one of those guys you see go and dress up and play dungeons and dragons in the woods, like in Role Models.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    You need to go see that guy in the WM shopping center over there. Stopped in there a few weeks back just to look around. Has alot of stuff in there and off the wall stuff like a 15" Cheech doll from Up In Smoke. I can see him being one of those guys you see go and dress up and play dungeons and dragons in the woods, like in Role Models.
    Yes, Breathitt County Collectibles. You notice there's about an inch of dust on everything? That's cause that fellow that runs it has jacked the prices up in there to the ridiculous. Has a large selection of used DVD's. I found Castaway widescreen in there, asked how much he wanted for it....$19.99! I asked him if he realized this was a used DVD. He got kind of smart and said that that's the price in his store. I laid it down on the counter and told him that Castaway will stay in your store and have never been back. And local businesses want to whine and cry when people won't shop them, going to the big cities and Wal Mart...Breathitt County Collectibles is the #1 reason around here!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    20 bucks for a used DVD??? what a goober
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    I can see him being one of those guys you see go and dress up and play dungeons and dragons in the woods, like in Role Models.
    Theres some guys in BSG that do that, back in the summer I was running with one of my buddies on the greenbelt and they were down at the softball field, had the foam swords and all.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    20 bucks for a used DVD??? what a goober

    Yeah, especially when you see places like G2K Games that sell DVDs for 3.99.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Skeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    I hope you got papers on that coal from the Titanic I read some time ago a group arrested in England Posing as some Historical Recovery Group or some ****... For selling artifacts they claim to have came from the titanic, they sold stuff like Mirrors, and **** I guess.. Anyway IM into JFK anything. I even got the FPS game downloaded on my coupter.

    Its sick and twisted.. but its a pretty decent similuation of how impossible it would be for 1 guy to do what was "done" from the Book Despository in Dallas.

    You guys im sure can find it.. its called JFK Reloaded. I felt bad the first few hundred times I played it then, it became a mission... still havn't done it yet.
    [IMG]http://he-man.us/Innovations/He-ManGifs/SkeletorYellBig1.gif[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •